Just happened to read Love and other Enchantments - an anthology of love-centric stories penned by five young authors who call themselves the Fictitious Five . Needless to say I was enchanted by the hues of love that these fifteen stories have splashed on paper .
Love can have many colours-it can take various forms - selfishness , selflessness , cruelty , compassion , obsession , misplaced ardour , and it can even morph into a maniacal , hysterical hatred , leading to disastrous consequences , that is what the raconteurs  told me in their simple , rivetting style .
The five writers have contributed three stories each .
Tanima Kedar's three stories -Till Death do us part, Together forver ,touched me by the  poignant presentation, and the third The Diary , delighted me by the twist in the tale .
Ishan Dafaria 's story Closure was immensely heart -rending , and the other two stories Different Things , and Hatred , Crime and Love talked of different shades of love .
Malini Mohan's three stories -At the Bus Stop , Revival , He loves me not , touched me by the sentiments expressed so sensitively .  
Akash Deep Gupta  's two  stories : The Poem ,  Charm of Those Eyes , really touched me beyond measure , and I really loved the  ambience in which love unfolded in  The Lake Of Love
 
I was immeasurably enthralled by Anuj Kumar 's stories   So mad in love , It's not soothing every time and Known-unknown
One line from Maliny Mohan's story , He loves me not - remained with me , "Love is indeed the best love story ".
Well , yes , it definitely is .It teaches us such a lot about the different shades of love .
It is a book which can be a gift on Valentine' s Day  or any day , for that matter , for after all, love is life .

Comments

  1. Thank you so much ma'am for this lovely review. I am honored by this review. Thanks again from the whole team of Love And Other Enchantments(The Fictitious Five).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts