A Thrilling Award Winning Moment.

Receiving the first Keshav Malik Award [2019]  instituted in the name of the literary  genius, Mr .Keshav Malik, is  a humbling experience for me.  I am almost tongue – tied. 















 It is indeed a huge honour conferred on me by Mr. Sudarshan Kcherry [ CEO OF AUTHORSPRESS ]on 6th July , 2019 at a spectacular function at the press club , Delhi  . Sudarshan ji has created a snug niche for himself in the publishing field by not only supporting the emerging and established writers , but also publishing books, which are undoubtedly of international standards. 
Hats off to him ,and a huge thanks . 

Recipient of the Padma Shri for literature in 1991, Keshav Malik was the literary editor of Thought and later the Editor of Indian Literature, a bi- monthly published by the Sahitya Akademi.  His verse has been translated into several Indian and foreign languages, and he was also the art critic for The Times of India and The Hindustan Times for many years.
 The five volumes of 'The Collected Poems of Keshav Malik', which I received as 
part of the prize has enriched me beyond words, and now forms   a precious part of my library.

 I have been writing with a reckless abandon since the sixth grade , churning out one doggerel after another , one  highly mediocre essay and story after another  , which , I am sure,   none , except myself , thought very highly of .

When I was added by Dr. Ampat Koshy to the group ,  Rejected Stuff , I had already written three novellas for young adults , but none had heard of me  beyond Rajasthan, [ these books were hugely popular in Rajasthan]. It was after I joined REJECTED STUFF, that people started reading and recognising me  [ for whatever I was worth ]. 

This is indeed a very edifying moment for me .
A huge 'thank you' to  my parents and siblings . My parents must be beaming from up there , and I know, my siblings are very happy . From the twinkilng eyes of my husband and daughter , [both very avid literature lovers , my greatest critics and also staunchest supporters]  I can very well gauge their delight .

A very warm thanks to TSL  and all my friends in TSL .  Thanks to all the hardworking admins, Gauri Dixit , Sunita Singh , Donnis Mathai , Vinitha nair , Vijay Nair and  Lopa Banerjee .  Thanks Satbir Chadhaji for your unending grace and presence in my life .  Reena Prasad , you are perennially  present even in your absence .
All of you  have always cheered me on , on my path of writing , which I  am sure , I will keep traversing till my last laboured breath . Yes , like Oliver Twist , I will keep asking for more-  some more  time to write some more - and some more days to be loved some more . It is indeed the power of love that keeps me going , and it will prod and ping me onwards .
Let me end by quoting a Keshav Malik line ,
'to drive him on for ever
in that fool pursuit-to
perfect that golden lettering
on his epitaph." [ Reluctant Bard , p1119 , vol 4, The collected poems of Keshav Malik] 

In all humility ,  I consider  this award  a huge recognition of whatever little talent I have , and  would like to dedicate it  to my literary home , THE SIGNIFICANT LEAGUE ,  DEAREST REUEL  AND THE SILENT POWER BEHIND THE SIGNIFICANT LEAGUE AND AUTISM FOR HELP VILLAGE PROJECT  , Mrs . ANNA GABRIEL KOSHY !
THANKS A LOT FOR EVERYTHING !

Comments

Popular Posts