PERHAPS THE DREAM WOULD COME AGAIN?

Around a roaring log fire we sat
While all around us  a seamless
Undulating vista of forests of Pine sloughed.
The innocent breeze
 With not a trace of   artifice
On my cheek planted a cheeky kiss
With no bias or prejudice 
 Filling   me with absolute bliss.
The moon looked down at me  with a lofty toleration
Sneering  arrogantly  at my  jubilation.
 I  surreptitiously filched it of a few moonbeams.
 It was unaware it seems
Of  this daredevilry rare
And  continued beaming with a  condescending air .

 On the Boulevard near the Dal Lake
As we walked  
We were again stalked
 By the boisterous breeze
Which followed us to our  shikara  as it  cruised along
While  the boatman hummed a joyous   song.
I quickly robbed a few notes of his song 
Unaware of this theft, the boatman sailed along
Singing that happy song.
Suddenly some feisty raindrops
Across me slanted 
And planted
 Themselves in my hair.  
And the moon continued beaming with a condescending air. 


Near the banks of the Lidder , 
I threw back my head and laughed
My heart blithe
As the wavelets played with my feet.
 My face radiantly glowed 
And the river vibrantly  flowed 
 Chuckling at my artless laughter
 Probably wondering what I was after.
Brazenly it  flaunted its evanescent dimples 
So in a revengeful mood
  I robbed it of its  few vain ripples.
 Maybe this theft would make it a little mellow?
But, it was the moon which  became more yellow. 
Entranced, I watched the yellow fellow.
 "Hello",
 Said a tiny pheran clad figure.
Ah, he was an admixture of the sun and the moon.
The river now had a change of heart and  sung a melodious tune
As I hugged him to my chest 
Ignoring the river's gabfest.

The tiny bird perched on the edge of its nest
Sang a happy song.
But was something wrong ?
 The song hoisted   me out of my dream.
From the  window a tiny moonbeam  
Entered my room.
Ah, it was time to sleep
 I hugged the ripples and the roar
And the petrichor
Of my homeland 
And slept.
The  secret of my theft  close to my heart I kept 
And slept.
 To wake up in my dream
 To the sounds and smells of my homeland grand.  
Perhaps , the dream would come again?

Comments

  1. ThanQ Santosh, so many experiences of childhood are ensconced in the mind - lost in memories preceeding Alzhimers they say, revived by your subtle mirror of your mind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts