When Santa Claus ' nightmare turned into a rosy dream

With unshed tears, his face  clasped in  chubby hands
 Surrounded by   kids  from near and far flung  lands 
Morosely, sat Santa Claus,  hunched  against the cold.
 The cold refused to be hunched against, growing  bold.

 Some wearing fur lined jackets, some  under dressed
Some tiny tots with his awesome presence  impressed . 
The kids  looked  around sadly, to just one idea sold.   
"I want a Kalashnikov", pleaded  a lanky, ten year old .

The sky appeared turbulent and ah , he felt benumbed.
His flamboyant  spirits had to Stygian depths plumbed .
 He sat surrounded by the stench of gunpowder smoke.
Overwhelmed by emotions, he  was about to choke.

In a corner sat a five year old  , looking like a lost case.
His shoe lace was untied, and there were tears on his face.
"What do you want as a gift , child?", asked  Xmas Father.
Said the child," I don't want nothing,  for my parents, rather ."

"Two negatives make a positive, child,"Said Xmas father.
"Sorry sir, I want nothing, but for my parents rather ."
With a sudden twinkle in his eyes , Santa looked at him. 
The child did not smile ,but  continued to look grim.


 "You know, I want to gift myself  to my parents dear
For my safety who are always filled with utter  fear. 
So Santa Claus sir, could I get a bullet proof jacket?
Oh, does it lie hidden over there in that red packet?

My elder brother I lost in a drone attack, last year
So could you help me realize  my ardent  dream , sir?
Ah,  how I   dream of owning a bullet proof jacket
I  am absolutely sure,  it lies hidden in that red packet.



 Santa Claus sir, can you tell me something about drones
May be if I know , I can quell my mommy's sad moans ?"
Morosely he sat,  trying to hunch himself against the cold.
But the cold refused to be hunched against, growing bold.

The wind  bellowed loudly  mourning the death of  humanity
He could do absolutely nothing to stop this elegiac surreality .
Morosely, he sat trying to hunch himself against the cold.
But the cold refused to be hunched against, growing bold.

"Please sir, I beseech you, please fulfill my dream."
This  five year old's  tears were  an unstoppable   stream.
"Stop, do not cry child", he said with a reprimand mild. 
With a loud groan, in his arms he scooped up the child.

As he tried to blink away his tears, the nightmare vanished .
 The  monsters from his mind were temporarily banished.
With a huge sigh of relief he picked up his bulging sack.
 On his mission of spreading good cheer, he had to be back.

Vigorously rubbing away the sleep kinks from his eyes 
 The snowflakes from his clothes ,and burying his sighs
He started looking around for red nosed Rudolph and sleigh.
He would   soon be on his way, many monsters he had to slay.

He picked up his robe , decorated it with ivy and holly.
"Hello, here I come", bellowed the fellow, feeling jolly.  
The cheery , chubby , rubicund fellow, was  on his way 
With Rudolph the red nosed reindeer leading the sleigh. 

"Are you not being naive,father ?" chirped  a tiny magpie.
Sadly he looked at her, suppressing the incipient sigh .
Garrulous birds from different trees cheered him on. 
Soon his dejection vanished, with the hint of a new dawn.


 Strains of "Santa Claus is coming along riding on his sleigh"
 Fell into his ears,  gone was the nightmare of   yesterday .
Resolutely , he hunched himself against the biting cold 
 With a merry  ho ho ho , forward he rumbled and rolled.

  


He resolved," with peace trinkets , I will fill all stockings
 Maybe this will be helpful in tackling life's knockings?"
With a merry ho ho, forward he rumbled and rolled
 Flicking away the chilly winds , now feeling very  bold. 
.
"Merry Christmas , merry Christmas", he greeted one  and all.
To a little girl  , he handed a doll which sang" peace to all".
With one  swish of the candy cane, the sheep came to his fold.
He hunched himself against the cold which  felt no longer bold. 

Comments

  1. Wow. What a powerful piece. My heart breaks for the poor child, just wanting to reassure his parents and keep himself safe.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tears were evident throughout my reading of this work, such is it's sensitivity. The young boy never got his bullet-proofed jacket. Sadly, Santa cannot disarm the warmongers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes when the world seems to attain so much development, the Devil of Religion is creating more footage so Mankind is reduced to a dithering fool by fearism. The NASA Inter space photos show the Hindu Angkor Vat Temples to be 700,000 years old. Will these modern Palestinian Religions ever gain such Span of Belief of Truth..............Santosh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts