Of Blackmailers And Blackmailed

In the house that we have shifted, there is no luxury of a terrace , from where I can go on my flights of fancy,  but yes, I have adopted one of the windows of the house as my own,   through  which I can catch  a glimpse of the  teeming, shouting , swirling, whirling,  unfurling  world outside . 
Today morning as I sat near the window, scene upon scene passed by , as though to entertain me , without any entertainment tax. But I was absolutely rivetted by one .
"I am not going to  school", screamed one three year old glaring at his mother . 
"Me too" screeched his twin hurling away his satchel. 
And then both threw  themselves at their mother with more squeals and screams , each clinging to his share of the mother's ample waist , to show their twin discomfort. 
"Let go off  me , will you? "She said through clenched teeth, casting disconcerted looks around .
"No , I  will not", said one,  and  tried to  bite off a big chunk of her left   hand. 
Not to be left behind,  the other twin tried  to bite off a bigger chunk from her right hand. 
They were fighting against injustice , with a revolutionary fervour . It was sheer injustice to send three year olds to school, the skies would not come crashing  down if they metamorphosed into scholars a year later? I thought sitting behind the window.
The terrific twosome now danced around their mother , while she tried to behave as though the two were someone else's off springs forcing themselves on her. 
Then came the father on the scene, and now the twins cannoned  towards him, and all but threw him on the ground with little yelps  and yells. 
"I want a chocolate." Said one,
" Me too," said the second.
"Chocolate  ,chocolate", now became the rallying cry as the terrific 
twosome blackmailed the parents , faces suffused with a cherubic innocence .

A sheepish looking father ran into the house, came back with two huge bars of chocolate. With two triumphant hoops of joy, the boys snatched the chocolates, flung themselves on the father's shoulders and were happily lead towards the honking school bus, chocolates in hands .

The blackmailers and the blackmailed were all beaming with joy as I drew the curtains on the scene .

Comments

  1. An endearing story of young family life, seen by caring eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we are going to be treated with views from my window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A story beyond a story. A reality that is enacted in every loving family. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts