Dedication

DEDICATED TO MY MOTHER 

You suddenly left us on that  cold morn of 9 January 2015 - but no, you did not go.  
Your resilience and never say die spirit still prods us on. 
"As a mother, my heart beats in five different places, in my five children," you used to say. 
Yes, it still beats on with the same never say die spirit in each one of us - no you have not gone.
But , you did  suddenly leave  us on that  cold morn of 9 January 2015 - they say, but I believe, that  you did not go. 
That effulgent ember that still lights up the dark nights, that irrepressible   laughter that still scintillates, that  wit which still sparkles and that incredible  humour which still tickles,  is it not yours? No, you are not gone.
And I am not in denial.
"When is the book launch?" You asked me in that last phone call.
You were keen on  this book, so this book is for you , mummy . 
With all my love.

Comments

Popular Posts