The fog Part 1

I peered around absently, sitting on  a big  log 
All around me there was soon an impenetrable fog
Oblivious to the intimidating fog,the river roared 
From its repertoire of music, scary notes  it poured.  


Gingerly,  I walked  over to the stony shore 
Trying to read some message in the ominous roar
The thick fog whimsically swayed and shifted
 Birds, like snow flakes , through the fog drifted. 

Soon the day turned into a dark and dreary night
Reducing me to a whimpering and shivering sight .
The owls started hooting, the bats  blindly flew
 My thoughts were noiseless ghosts having no clue.  

Some blurry outlines loomed for a moment
And vanished as though on some mission urgent 
 like some winged monsters they hovered around
And my head started spinning round and round.

The fog thickened  in one place, thinned  in another
The roaring waves , my heart beats tried to smother .
Amid  the  trees there was some scurrying about 
Were the hares and the hounds having a violent bout?

Hysterical echoes now advancing, now retreating 
Resounded in the fog,  as if in some ghostly greeting. 
Who was it  singing some old and sad number ?
Ah, I started feeling number and  still number  .

In the undulating wilderness, the weeping willows sang 
And the other trees, into the night went bang , bang. 
Was it a throng of ghosts filled with malicious  glee?
I was reassured,  in the fog they could not see me.  

Did they really  sound uproariously jolly
Or were merely making fun of my folly?
They awakened the startled echoes of my heart 
Of  the sounds,  did they also want to be a part?

Disembodied voices started floating  in the air
This murky and spooky world gave me such a scare. 
My heart was struck by an absolutely  numb feeling
The river turned over , the boulders started  reeling.

 Piercing the fog, there was a sudden crimson light 
It headed toward me , I jumped up  in total fright.
Out of the shadows suddenly came a screechy voice 
The trees started whispering , making a loud noise.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts