THE FOG PART 2






   
"Wait, please listen to me ."Someone shouted    . 
In this fog festooned forest , my sanity I doubted. 
In the voice there was a desperately urgent ring 
Yet, I ran blindly, my heart not wanting to sing. 

By a sense of having lost something,  haunted
To flee from the scene , I desperately wanted.
Behind my back someone hurled a cone of pine 
Quickly followed by  a cold finger up my spine.

Fear trickled into my heart like cold water  
I  shivered  and my feet started to totter  .
The river chatted on with a syrupy loquacity
Stoking my fears with a malicious animosity.

Was some writer  unleashing a grave new world
Whose spurt of fantasy slowly before me uncurled ?
Ah, in the darkness, the fog its treasures unfurled.
With a firm resolve into the jungle,  myself I hurled.

Blindly I ran , mumbling, stumbling and tumbling
Someone followed me,  frenzied his fumbling.
Frantic footfalls were coming dangerously near .
I could see nothing,  but palpable was the fear .

"Stranger, did you see an emerald eyed beauty here?" 
The voice behind me was like a heart wrenching tear .
"Please, tell me if you know" , soft  was the plea . 
I  shuddered , and from the scene  wanted to flee.

I could feel the  quiver of a  body near my shoulder. 
Suddenly the weather seemed to have become colder.
There was a ripple of laughter followed by a scream
My heart was in my mouth, was it a bizarre dream? 


With incredible persistence and mind boggling nerve 
The voice followed me with a benumbing verve .
Was I in the midst of a grotesque nightmare?
I stifled a cry, as my foot was tickled by a hare .

My thoughts were like  fireflies flitting around
As I rushed along on the slippery and scary ground
Who was it chasing me   in the murky fog?
Said the voice ,"you will trip, come sit on the log."

The river stopped murmuring ,  probably  asleep
Or may be it was in self -introspection deep?
The voice had now become a whimpering moan
Huffing and puffing, I tripped on a pointed stone. 

Probably taking pity at my plight, the fog lifted . 
And , benevolently,  a new life  I was gifted.
The foamy surf of the river was like whipped cream.
I sighed , but the forest was rent by another  scream.   


   

Comments

Popular Posts