AND PEACE ECHOES


 Is it not high time that we should get out
 Of that claustrophobic box and move around
 Fling open those windows long shuttered
And clean that mind long cluttered
 With prejudices, hatred, biases and superstitions? I ask myself.
Why should the black cat on the road slither in guilt with inferiority filled
 At the atrocity of pointed fingers
 And the look of fear that lingers
 On the faces of people crossing the road
As they hastily change track?
The snaggle toothed traffic policeman pockets some hush money
 Under a blue sky sunny
Kicks the poor black cat which crosses his way
Ignoring the sky which suddenly becomes gray.
At the injustice of the   cop- like society snaggle toothed, I gnash my teeth.
The shabby little rag picker hefts up his sack
 And plods along
 Ignoring the cacophony of injustice and sings a happy song.
Picks up the rag, which doubles as a little black cat so cruelly kicked
 Ah, by the rag- cat he is so lovingly licked.
Injustice abounds in raucous sounds
 Kicking and acid attacks, burning and looting
 Plundering, hurling abuses and wanton shooting.
 But alas, why is a threat to justice anywhere
  Not a treat to justice everywhere, why are such little acts of kindness so rare?
 On my mind it grates.
Ah there comes the rain washing away my pain
I ask myself, is it not insane to rein in the irrepressible rain?
No curfewed might can restrain the feisty spirit of the rain
As it pitter patters on the Pine trees of my beautiful land
My heart burns, my spirit yearns
 And many a lesson learns.
 The silence reaches a crescendo
I turn my mind inwards
Ears attuned to the tranquility which echoes and reechoes from the brook
 Which babbles along from a nook
   In my mind
Where the black cat is not fearful  

And the rain boisterous and cheerful.

Comments

  1. Very nice! I like many of the images... especially the kicked cat, the rag/cat, the rain pitter pattering on the trees, the babbling brook, the policeman, etc. The rhyming works well to move things along, too! Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts