LOVE’S BRIGHT DAWN


Like a rat leaving a sinking ship the tired day was scurrying away
 Plunging the sky into shades of gray.
Framed in the window of my log cabin I watched a lone star
Slowly emerging from under a cloud, as the night spread its power.

Slowly, the sky lost its blues
Coloured now by some russet hues.
Time stopped
Out of the room I hopped
And danced to my own tune
Under the radiant moon.
Highly elated, around me the fireflies congregated
Like myriad stars with brightness inflated.
 My heart blithe, in soothing tones replete
The Deodar trees sang songs of love as the fragrant night held sway
  Then came the morning heralding a new day
There was something boyishly spunky in the breeze
With spurts of mischief, it swayed the trees
 Its boisterous strength, slapped and whipped the rocks
Unflinching stood the rocks by these knocks
Swathed in blue satin, the river beamed.
Absolutely delighted, or so it seemed.
I could hear the sounds of music that the river made
The sun smiled warmly as a cloudy figure staid
 Made eyes at a lissom   mermaid
Which was silently dancing near the bank where I sat
A tiny speck fringing the golden immensity
Ears attuned to the river’s melodious serendipity.
 The gilded vastness and the sparkling splendour
Ah, my heart filled with thoughts so tender
The waves splashed and flashed their dimpled smiles
Rubbing sleep kinks from their limpid eyes
 The sunflowers stretched and yawned
As another new morn dawned
 Hush, can you hear that silver tinkle
 Which is   trying to erase many a wrinkle?
It is the river pouring out its eternal fairy tale
Of elves and pixies and a mermaid frail
Transfixed, I listen to the soothing rhythm of the waves which kiss my bare feet with foamy lips
On peace, love and camaraderie giving me generous tips.
 A koel hidden in the foliage trills and trills
Rising above inhuman humanity which kills and kills.



Comments

  1. If Pan were to come back from where he is hiding, he would love your prose poems, Santosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice poem. I especially love how you weave the concept of an eternal fairytale... beautiful images. I also love the personification of the waves, the flowers, the sun, the sky evolving from night into dawn... the koel rising among inhumanity... I also like the star spreading its power... So many rich descriptions that unfold throughout... Then I also like how you put yourself into this framework in your trademark style. Always a pleasure to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved it...very beautiful description of nature....simple and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aah!. Phantasmagorical was it... Or real ??? My soul moved out of this body searching for a place as this....it can be found only in your Prose-poems.... Touchwood.. I longed to be there forever... Just mind blowing description .. Love this, <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like hunted animal mankind is in a trap of the Old Testament,
    Leading to killings for thousands of years "Death to the Un-Believer".
    Overrunning the 4th Commandment "Thou shall not KILL"
    Jews killed per this dictum irrespective of the outcome,
    Till Hitler started annihilating Jews = crusades killed the Muslims,
    Protestants killed the Catholic enthralled Aborigines, Red Indians and Negros,
    Now the Sunnies Kill the Shias perhaps an International crisis of 2.2 billion,
    What tremendous overload in Hell as done by the Devil time for rerun of wisdom ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts