THE SUBLIME HUES OF PEACE

HUES OF PEACE

Ah, is that me, under that tree
Next to the boy by the water
As Paul Gaugin looks on with avuncular warmth
 At the child of his creation?
 Filled with elation I flit 
And invisibly sit
 Along with the hidden butterflies in Van Gogh’s flowering garden. 
Ah safe haven
In a state of trance,
 I inhale the fragrance
And watch the butterflies dance
Green, white, black and blue
Who has turned me into a butterfly I have no clue.
Then again I flit to a corner of the garden at Montgeron
where Claude Monet watches from the shadows, trees swaying
 A smile on his lips merrily playing.
 He beckons me in his unique style
I follow him, yet another mile  
Unquestioning I tow along with him to the Tulip fields at Sassenheim
He takes me to the Waves breaking ,
which thrash the rocks and serenade them with their soothing strokes 
 Flaunting  their depth glassy , and music classy.
Ah, is that the magpie of 1868
  Solitary and  black perched on a gate,
 While the light of the sun colors the freshly fallen snow in hues of blue.
 To a wonderful clime
 Has it traveled in time?
Then towards the lane with poplars I head
Happy my tread
 Ah, has Van Gogh reappeared?
 With one stroke of the versatile brush
 All these colors coalesce and merge
 And on my mind converge
I am transported to  my homeland, Kashmir.
To  float with the clouds, 
Roll with the pebbles,sway with the poplars
 luxuriating  in the feel of the mustard field
Happy at the rich yield
The tulips laugh and sway
And greet these painters    
Who in the days of yore  had probably visited Kashmir in their dreams
 Now they are here for real, it seems
 To paint their masterpiece
With the sublime hues of peace.




Comments

  1. Beautifull.....definetly van gogh has revisited us by this piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the masterpieces to frame this piece, and how you stepped right into the canvas yourself, taking on the persona of the butterfly, the ocean, rolling with the the clouds, etc. and guiding us through the painting. That was a brilliant viewpoint and it worked well to weave from one setting to the next... It's such a great idea and so well executed. It's also excellent how you bring nature to life and allow each thing to have its own personality...I enjoyed this very much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts