THE BLOOD SUCKING MONSTER

 In the wilderness I stumbled, while a warning an owl hooted
Before me stood a creature heavily booted and sooted
On his bald pate a crown
And on his pimply face a ferocious frown 
He was a tall slouching man with a hooked nose
And he craned his neck and stood on his toes.

The earth shook with tremors wild
Who was it shrieking in the wilderness wide?
Chickens leapt from the hedge squawking wildly as they fled
The cicadas cried and cried, perhaps filled with dread
 He was in an apoplectic rage
Like an animal trapped in a cage.



The monstrous creature chortled, his swarthy face all mottled
Perhaps uncorking his emotions long bottled
 It snorted and howled pounded and growled
With impatience I bristled, the monster whistled
Pointing at me a finger thistled
“Why are you awake at this time of night? Do you not know it is not right?

There are monsters on the prowl, hear that growl?”
I managed a stutter; “oh it is merely the hooting of an owl.”
“You have the temerity to argue with me
 Have you not seen my true colours,” said he in wicked glee
Then In    the air, a hand he swiped
Magically producing a typewriter, on which he typed.

The words flew in a vicious torrent “this is your death warrant”.
Handing me a piece of paper, he said.
 In a tremulous voice I asked, “Am I alive or dead?”
No arguing with the king, he said looking at his grotesque ring
In the jungle my word is law
 From your personality, erase this argumentative flaw.

 “You will be behind bars”,
 Said he running his hand through his hair sparse.
“If you toe my line, you will be fine
If you don’t, on you I will dine.”
Then towards the stump of a tree he strode
From under which scurried an ugly looking toad.

 Was someone playing the fiddle?
Or were they merely the notes of a conundrum wrapped in a riddle?
From the stump he picked up a mug
And with a wicked wink and a grotesque shrug
From the mug he ravenously slurped
Crickets chirped, the monster burped.

Absolutely satiated with the blood
 From his trousers now with one thistled finger he removed the mud.
With a malicious glint in his eye
Towards me he walked with a portentous sigh
He adjusted the crown and the malicious frown

And looking at me screamed “I want more blood, you dud!!!

Comments

  1. A dynamic work hurrying one to it's end. Pleasing rhymes, not too horrific but just scary enough for one to be able to cope with. Fun. Thanks, Santosh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair raising imagery weaved through magical words., Santosh Bakaya Ji.

    You are cordially invited to visit my blog www.kaultribhawan.blogspot.in Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts